CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE APPRENTICESHIPS
Aim for those who are working with children and young people in a range a range of settings in local authorities, within health organisations, educational and early years settings or children’s centres, as well as a wide range of private voluntary and community organisations. You could be solely responsible for the management of a team or service, or be part of a management team. To deliver effectively on a wide range of outcomes you will work on a multi agency basis with professionals from a wide range of backgrounds, as well as team leaders and managers from your own organisation.
Level 4 Children, Young People and Families Practitioner
As a practitioner you will be working with children, young people and families, including carers, to achieve positive and sustainable change in their lives. You will demonstrate a passion to care for and about children, young people and families. You will be skilled in recognising and assessing the complex needs that children, young people and families often present. You will agree with the child, young person or family any specific interventions or referrals.
Potential Job Roles:
- residential childcare workers
- registered residential childcare managers, deputies and assistant managers (further professional development / qualification may be required once in post)
- managers, deputy and assistant managers in other adult or children and young people’s social care settings
Level 5 Children, Young People and Families Manager
As a Children, Young People and Family Manager you will ensure direction, alignment and commitment within your own practice, your team(s), your organisation and across partnerships to help children, young people and families aspire to do their best and achieve sustainable change. You will build teams, manage resources and lead new approaches to working practices that deliver improved outcomes and put the child, young person or family at the centre of practice.
Potential Job Roles:
- registered residential childcare managers, deputies and assistant managers
- deputy and assistant managers in other adult or children and young people’s social care settings (further professional development/ qualification may be required once in post).
- Deputy Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Care Broker
- Case Manager
- Senior Support Worker
- Day Care Manager
- Residential Care Manager
Qualifications higher than Level 2 can also be funded with a 24+ Learner Loan.