To teach the theory and the procedure and complications of urethral catheterisation.
By the end of this course the delegates will be able to:
- Describe the reasons why urethral catheterisation may be necessary
- Explain the common risk factors involved in catheterisation
- Recognise reasons for contraindications
- Demonstrate best practice in the procedure
- Identify the standard infection control procedures involved in catheter care.
3 hour course 1.30pm – 4.30pm
Staff working in the care sector who need to develop their understanding of catheterisation, to ensure high-quality care provision and minimise the risk of infection.
For more information about this course or to request an application form, please phone 01823 448100 or complete the enquiry form below.
The cost per learner is £60.00 plus VAT.