Understanding and Managing Behaviours that Challenge.
Comprehensive practical and theory training suitable for all levels.
Our ‘Understanding and Managing Behaviours that Challenge’ 1-day course has been designed to equip your team with the required skills to support clients to reduce behaviours that challenge, identify triggers, learn effective de-escalation and break-away techniques as a last resort.
By the end of this training session, you will understand:
- Behaviours – What is a challenging behaviour?
- Relevant legislation and good practice guidelines – including the Mental Capacity Act.
- Assessing situations and understanding triggers and the continuum of aggression.
- De-escalation skills.
- Resolving situations likely to escalate.
- Appropriate break-away techniques, information, theory and practical.
- Recording incidents.
- Your legal position following an incident.
- Rights and responsibilities.
Available at any of our South West locations or at a suitable workplace of your choice for groups of 4-8.
Feedback from course attendants:
“Interesting and gave me more confidence if ever in a challenging behaviour situation. Richard was thorough and pleasant, he made it a fun plus informative day.”
“Richard delivered very clear training, which involved good group participation, everyone appeared relaxed”
“The trainers were friendly but professional and knowledgeable. The theory and practical was excellent, the practical exercises were clear and easy to learn.”
“Very good. Nothing could be changed. Group interactions were very good. Content delivered at the right stages. There was a relaxed atmosphere. Pace of delivery was good and practical with the trainers was excellent. They were friendly and competent on the subject”