This End of Life Care short course provides a supportive environment in which to discuss and learn sensitive topics including the following:
- Key issues affecting those at the end of their life
- Principles of a good death
- The impact of poor end of life care
- The dying phase and pain management
- Spiritual, emotional and personal care.
The Aim of this course is:
To teach Care Managers on current practices and to ensure that Best Practice is being followed and that information is being disseminated to all care staff.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- To identify current End of Life Care practices
- To recognise Best Practice in End of Life issues
- To identify the principles of symptom management and advance prescribing
- To demonstrate an understanding and the benefits of Advanced Care Planning
- To recognise the training needs of staff in End of Life Care
- To demonstrate effective communication with the service user, their families and your staff.
6 Hours 09.30am – 4.30pm
Managers and supervisors working in the care sector. To promote a better understanding of End of Life and Palliative Care.
For more information about this course or to request an application form please phone 01823 448100, or complete the inquiry form below.
£100.00 + VAT.