The mixture of theory and practical application in this comprehensive short course enables senior members of staff to competently carry out fire safety procedures within their workplace.
- Case study of a real fire incident.
- Practical use of fire fighting equipment on a live fire.
- Fire facts, the fire triangle and the nature of a fire.
Learners will be able to:
- Explain the ’Theory of Combustion’, describe how a fire spreads and the different classifications of fire.
- They will also be able to recognise the different types of fire extinguishing medium, and be able to select the correct extinguisher to deal with each class of fire.
- During the course candidates will gain experience using the different fire extinguishing mediums Including fire blankets and fire extinguishers during a controlled practical session.
- Describe the principles of a fire routine and how to protect designated escape routes.
The training is normally delivered at our training centre at Bathpool, Taunton or can be delivered in-house at a time and date to suit your business. Free parking is also available.
For in-house delivery, please contact us for a personal and competitive quote to include up to 20 delegates per session. For further information and to book a place please contact us.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
This course would be suitable for managers, supervisors and designated fire wardens working within Residential Care environments with the responsibility for ensuring safe fire practices within the workplace.
For more Information about this course or to request an application form. Please phone 01823 448100 or complete the enquiry form.
£95 + VAT.