This course in Food Allergen Awareness helps you to examine the impact of food allergy and food intolerance, and to identify, manage and control the risks associated with food allergens in order to ensure that allergen information is provided with confidence.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Differentiate between food allergy and food intolerance
- Identify the fourteen major allergens
- Identify the products and substances most likely to cause food allergy and intolerance and recognise and describe the causes and symptoms
- Describe how to control the risks of cross contamination during preparation and service
- Outline the type of food allergen information that needs to be recorded as a required by the Food Information for Consumers Regulations
- Identify where to find food allergen information and describe how the information can be best conveyed to consumers
- Outline how food allergen awareness can be developed and maintained.
Half day course 09.30am – 13.30pm
Anyone who handles food would be suitable for this course.
For more information about this course or to request an application form please phone 01823 448100, or complete the inquiry form.
£55 + VAT Cost includes course book, test, certification and refreshments.