This Food Safety Level 1 short course will provide a refresher or a starting point in the essentials of Food Hygiene and good personal hygiene.
Upon successful completion of the course the learner will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the importance of food safety and the four common types of food hazard.
- Define those most at risk of food poisoning, and outline the responsibilities of food handlers including their obligations under food safety law
- Understand how micro-organisms pose a hazard to food safety and spoilage of food by being aware of bacterial requirements, high risk foods, how to control and destroy bacteria and the importance of stock rotation
- Understand the risks to food safety from hazards and contamination and be able to outline sources, vehicles and routes of contamination and their control measures
- Understand the importance of good personal hygiene including hand washing , protective clothing, reporting illness and skin infections and reporting
- Understand the importance of effective cleaning and disinfection and the appropriate uses for different chemicals, and their proper storage.
- Understand the requirements for dealing with waste and the importance of controlling pests.
3 Hours 1.30pm – 4.30pm
Ancillary kitchen staff, those serving food and domiciliary staff. It is recommended that this session is repeated 3 yearly.
For more information about this course or to request an application form please phone 01823 448100, or complete the enquiry form.
There is no government contribution to the cost of this course.
The cost per learner is £50 plus VAT (this includes Awarding Body registration & certificate and course book)