The qualification is designed to develop and enhance the practical leadership and management, knowledge and skills to lead teams and manage resources within an early years setting.
The qualification aims to:
• Extend and enrich learner understanding of the early years sector.
• Develop and enhance the practical leadership and management knowledge and skills required to manage change.
• Develop higher level thinking skills including reflection and critical analysis.
• Cultivate in-depth knowledge of developmental and learning theory .
• Establish good practice and knowledge in relation to needs-based assessment and planning.
This qualification will support progression to a management function within the early years sector or progression to other leadership and management qualification.
This Level 5 Diploma will last 24 months, but you can start at any time of the year.
It is aimed at Senior Practitioners, Managers, Deputies and Assistants who work in a range of Early Years Settings including: creche, approved home care, out of school settings, nurseries etc.
All prospective learners will need prior qualifications or experience in running or assisting in the running of a variety of Early Years settings. All prospective learners will need to complete an initial assignment prior to application to ensure that this is the right programme for them.
This Level 5 Diploma Leadership for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce is the only qualification specifically designed for Early Years Practitioners. It consists of 2 pathways: Management and Advanced Practice. The qualification will support the development through demonstration of competence to work in a management role. For more information about this course or to request an application form please use ‘Contact Us’ at the top of the screen, call free phone: 0800 090 2155, or alternatively complete the enquiry form at the bottom of the screen.
The cost of this Level 5 Diploma is currently £2000+ VAT.
Payments by instalments are available for this course.