To refresh delegates knowledge of the one day Nutrition for the Elderly programme which includes providing a general awareness of nutritional requirements for older people, methods of assessing nutritional status and practical ideas and tips for encouraging good hydration and nutrition.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- To identify how and why people become malnourished
- To select and complete the correct forms to assess, record and monitor individual progress
- To raise awareness of catering methods of increasing nutritional intake for those at risk
- To recognise the importance and appropriateness of different needs and styles of food
- To evaluate and improve on the current communication systems in the home.
3 hour course 1.30pm – 4.30pm
Nutrition for the Elderly Train the Trainers who require refresher training to ensure their knowledge is updated.
For more information about this course or to request an application form please phone 01823 448100, or complete the enquiry form.
There is no government contribution to the cost of this course.
The cost per learner is £60.00 plus VAT.