To provide a general awareness of the nutritional requirements of older people, and look at ways of monitoring and assessing their nutritional well-being, including the importance of paperwork and communication. The knowledge gained can then be used in conjunction with the training package provided during the course, to train groups of staff in the home.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Identify how and why people become malnourished and the dangerous implications for the older person
- Recognise the key food groups and their nutritional roles
- Select and complete the correct forms to assess, record and monitor individuals progress using the MUST screening tool
- Describe methods of increasing nutritional intake for those at risk of malnourishment
- Recognise and understand the importance and appropriateness of finger foods, soft textured diets and purees
- Evaluate current communication methods with a view to improving them in the home
- Gain sufficient knowledge and understanding to train small groups of staff in all of the above using the training pack provided.
A full day course between the hours of 9.30am – 4.30pm
Staff responsible for menu planning and food production for the elderly and who have taken on the role to train staff in their workplace in nutrition.
For more information about this course or to request an application form please phone 01823 448100, or complete the enquiry form.
There is no government contribution to the cost of this course.
The cost per learner is £150.00* plus VAT.
*If the workplace does have a copy of the Nutrition for the Elderly Train the Trainer Presentation Folder the cost of this course for the 1st place will be £150. If the workplace already has a folder, the course cost will be reduced to £100. Please advise when booking , whether a Presentation folder is required or not.