Top 10 Interview Tips to pass the first hurdle
Interview situations can be very stressful sometimes and there is only one way to avoid it – be prepared as much as possible. Therefore, we created a top 10 list of tips for your interview when you want to really make a great impression and nail this job or apprenticeship.
Top 10 tips for a job interview:
- Plan route, timings, and parking
- Research the company
- Dress appropriately and smart and don’t forget personal hygiene (employers often look at hands)
- Switch off your mobile phone
- Prepare Q’s & A’s
- Shake hands firmly and introduce yourself
- Sell yourself – talk about your achievements
- Tell the truth
- Try to maintain eye contact with the person or people you are talking to.
- And don’t forget to smile.
You can prepare some answers to the most common questions beforehand. If you really have no idea how to answer the question, keep in mind why you want this job, what your strengths are and why you want to work for this particular company. Some awkward questions are sometimes just a test to see if you can keep your nerves – so don’t worry, just keep calm and think before you answer.
If you would like to find out more about interview tips and more details about body language and the interview process, then ask your job centre to visit one of our Interview skills courses. Most of all, remember to be proud that you got that far to be invited for an interview. Your confidence is key for success. We wish you the best of luck.